Friday, May 8, 2009

Drama, drama, drama

It's been another dramatic week in our household.

Oldest is fully immersed in baseball season and having a blast. Of course, he's getting worse about bringing home anything resembling school work. We got an email the other day saying, "Please check his planner. He's behind again." Have yet to see said planner this week. *sigh* I must say, though, I'm grateful the teachers have started (occasionally) posting a list of the day's homework to their website. The school year will be over shortly.

He did write me a lovely poetry book for Mother's Day. I wish I could read more of it. Some of his insights were surprising. Here's what I can decipher from his "I am" autobiographical poem (spelling left unedited):

I am a cry for help
I am a shark
I am #1
I am a glass flor
I am apple saws
I am a roken eletrik gutter (ed: guitar)
I am a battel arena
I am the thundring hale
I am a strong oak
I am afrade of nothing

The major drama this week was with Middle Child. A fifth grader grabbed him by the neck on the bus, slammed him into the window, and choked him. He was still gasping and crying when he got home. Middle Child is a FIRST grader. From what I understand, the only thing he did to provoke it was to ask the bigger kid to stop picking on everyone. We've always known MC's mouth would get him in trouble, but this is downright silly.

Youngest is home tonight with a fever, sadly. I'm hoping desperately she'll be feeling better in the morning. A friend and I are supposed to put together some freezer meals and we have all of the ingredients ready to go.

That's it for an update on our little corner of the world. I hope everyone has a lovely, restful Mother's Day!

No comments: