Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Drama

The drama continues... after several good days (really good days, actually), there's been another bump in the road. I told Oldest he couldn't go out and play with his friends. At first he was ok but once he realized he couldn't go because he'd been accused of cheating on a test today, the anger set in. His anger scares me. He throws things, breaks things, and says some awful things.

Middle child asked why oldest is so mad all the time.

What are the teen years going to be like?

Here's an IM exchange from this afternoon:

Oldest: I wish I was dead!!!
x-(
3:34 PM me: I'm sorry you feel angry, Christian.
3:35 PM Oldest: ya right
3:36 PM bla bla bla
me: There is no excuse for being rude to others.
3:37 PM Oldest: O bo ho
3:38 PM me: If you're going to use the internet to be as rude as you are in person when you're angry, you will lose internet access.
You need do to your homework.

At least he hasn't threatened to run away today. And he seems to be youtube surfing with his siblings (more appropriate content than the last one he sent me).

It's just so hard to understand how he can be sweet, happy, helpful kid one moment and angry, rude kid the next.

1 comment:

Grimm said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog!

Believe it or not, I have experience in a similar situation as yours with a nephew with mood swings and not turning in his work.

While I'm sure of the details of your situation - I do feel your frustration.